Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse Color in Survey Tab Preview Area

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Pointdump
703 Views, 4 Replies

Inverse Color in Survey Tab Preview Area

BackGroundColor.png

In the preview area of my Survey Tab, when I select, say, a figure, the letters don't inverse to white, which makes them difficult to read. This only happens on the preview area in the Survey Tab; the other tabs are OK. This is probably some arcane setting in Options, but I'm unable to find it.

BackGroundColor2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave, I don't think that setting can be changed, might be hardcoded but I could be wrong.

Most of the selection and font colors within the GUI are controlled by the Windows appearance settings AFAIK.

I get the exact same behavior for selecting a Point or Figure with the active text not changing to white here in C3d 2014.

One thing that can be done to make it easier on the eyes is to change the "Selected Items" color.

Win 7_Desktop_Rt Click_Personalize_Window Color_Advanced appearance settings_Selected Items_"Color 1:" setting.

I have mine set to this blue and it's very legible.

selected items.PNG

sdb highlight.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

I changed the color as you described, but it only changed my desktop background color. While I like that better than the dark blue desktop, my preview under the Survey Tab remains unchanged. I even shut down and restarted. Nada.

That does give me a whole new world to explore, which I will today. Thanks.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave,

Are you sure that the Item: "Selected Items" was set as shown in my screen shot and it wasn't set to the default "Desktop" ?

If I scroll down to Selected Items and set it there it changes the highlight color for selected items here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

OK, I fumbled around and managed to change it as you described. The key, I think, is selecting a "Theme" first, which I hadn't done. Anyway, all is good, and I thank you very much.

BackGroundColor3.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report