Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersections

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
143 Views, 4 Replies

Intersections

Hello all, I've seen the web cast regarding creating intersections and some of the ideas are really intriguing. Has anyone developed a methodology for modeling residential development roadway intersections with crosspans? Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Brian; Is the word "Crosspans" synonymous with "Cross Gutter" or "Spandrel"? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4191144c$1_1@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > I've seen the web cast regarding creating intersections and some of the > ideas are really intriguing. Has anyone developed a methodology for > modeling residential development roadway intersections with crosspans? > > Brian >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Don, "Cross Gutter" sounds right to me. Brian "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41911ae3$1_2@newsprd01... > Hey Brian; > > Is the word "Crosspans" synonymous with "Cross Gutter" or "Spandrel"? > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:4191144c$1_1@newsprd01... >> Hello all, >> >> I've seen the web cast regarding creating intersections and some of the >> ideas are really intriguing. Has anyone developed a methodology for >> modeling residential development roadway intersections with crosspans? >> >> Brian >> > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Brian; Since the Cross Gutter would be a function of the direction of flow then the street that it is parallel with would be the "control". While I know I'm in the C3D NG, in Land my methodology is to generate breaklines from the Cross Sections using Road Output Extension, and then break the TFC breaklines (I guess I have to start calling them faultlines to avoid the Department of Redundancy Department) at the Point of Curb Return. And then finish off the rest of the Intersection design using 3D polyline generators in Terrain pulldown. Back in my younger days, with VANGO I would model the intersection by using the curb line as an alignment and generating a profile which I used along with cross sections and templates to get the final intersection design. I haven't had a chance to emulate this process in C3D yet, but I'm itching for the chance to try it out. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41913939$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi Don, > > "Cross Gutter" sounds right to me. > > Brian > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:41911ae3$1_2@newsprd01... >> Hey Brian; >> >> Is the word "Crosspans" synonymous with "Cross Gutter" or "Spandrel"? >> >> -- >> Don Reichle >> Hacker Engineering, Inc. >> "King of Work-Arounds" >> LDT & CD 2004 >> C3D 2004 SP1 >> On HP Pavilion a367c >> 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM >> XP PRO - SP2 >> >> >> "Brian Hailey" wrote in message >> news:4191144c$1_1@newsprd01... >>> Hello all, >>> >>> I've seen the web cast regarding creating intersections and some of the >>> ideas are really intriguing. Has anyone developed a methodology for >>> modeling residential development roadway intersections with crosspans? >>> >>> Brian >>> >> >> > >
Message 5 of 5
Scott Wolfe

Seems like you can use a basic lane transition at the intersecting intersection. Then profile both curb lines allong with the centerline. I'm getting ready to do this, but I havent figured out what I'm looking at using a superimposed profile yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report