Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Wizard - Manipulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ECECIVIL
412 Views, 4 Replies

Intersection Wizard - Manipulation

Good day All,

I would like to know how it would be possible to manipulate the Intersection Wizard so that I can obtain the required shape as drawn by the architect. In essence create a "round about" shape. Please see the attached image for furhter detail.

Your assistance in greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rendarin
in reply to: ECECIVIL

Well I'm going to be a bad influence here, but if you can't get it to work using the "Create Roundabout" function (which, frankly I haven't toyed around with enough to learn), you can cheat.

Instead of two alignments and one Roundabout intersection, you can make a circular alignment (that's jjuuuust closed) at the edge of the center island and make the two roads as four separate roads. This gives you 4 separate intersections to manipulate.  You'd have to make a new assembly of course for the rotunda.

However a very, very big DISCLAIMER: this is kind of brute force (read: most probably not good practice) method to create a roundabout which we here at the office did because the last time we had a roundabout in the master plan the deadline was too close for us to figure out the "Create Roundabout" command.

Message 3 of 5
lim.wendy

This will help. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 4 of 5
ECECIVIL
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hey lim.wendy,

Thanks so much for this I have actually read it before, the thing is that my project is not exactly a roundabout, but rather an architectural feature in the intersection i.e. they want it to be circular without the actual spatial impacts of a traffic roundabout.

I actually took the time and drew all the radius alignments by hand and assigned profiles to this. so it worked, but it takes time though.

Thanks again.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

then treat as a 4way and make alignments to control the shape. Personally I only use the IW to lock the profiles and build the assemblies myself - it doesn't take that much longer

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report