Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection wizard curb return profile

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fishautodesk124
272 Views, 1 Reply

Intersection wizard curb return profile

Hello,

I am currently using auto cadd civil 3d sp 4 and have a question that someone might be able to help me with the intersection curb return profile.

Background:

Primary road: left side 12' tw and 8' shld, right side 12' tw and 8' shld.

3 t-intersection tying into the main line: all road have a 12' tw and 8' shld on the left and right side.

As part of the t-intersection wizard they ask you to to create a profile on the left and right of the primary road and minor road. I have no problem with the minor road but for the major I have a question.

Since my profile is fairly long for the curb return on the left and right side of the primary road will it work if I just create one profile with say a couple of ft before and after the intersection for all three or will I have to create 3 separte profiles for each intersection?(See ex.) and have the remain profile with no staion and elevation or does it have to be complete.

1. mainline station station 710+00 780+00 complete roadway

2. Intersection 1 station 720+00-730+00

3. Intersection 2 station 740+00-750+00

4. Intersection 3 station 765+00-770+00

5. Primary profile created og 710+00-780+00, Intersection 1 station 715+00-735+00, Intersection 2 station 736+00-755+00, Intersection 3 760+00-775+00.

Windows 10 Professional Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 3.41 GHZ
16 GB
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor
AutoCAD Civil 3d 2016 sp 4
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

When you create the first intersection, toggle on the create new offsets from start to end of centerline option.

IntersectionOffsetAlignment.png

For the second and third intersection, change the Use an existing alignment option to Yes, and select the offset alignment that was created by the first intersection.

IntersectionOffsetAlignment2.png

This will allow you to have single profiles for the left and right side of the main alignment.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report