Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection with Medians

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Conrad_A
542 Views, 2 Replies

Intersection with Medians

Hi All,

I am "trying" to design a intersection that contains four lane divided road. Northbound and Southbound lanes are 2% normal crown with a curbed median. I have alignments for each crown. The intersecting road is not crowned. This road is a retrofit so I am limited quite a bit so the intersection wizard is out. We're going old school with this one.

I'm looking for any tips, advice on methods of designing, especially the medians nose.

I've attached a picture to help explain. I can upload the drawing if someone wants to point out my errors/mistakes.

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: Conrad_A

If you have access to the Autodesk University 2012 class materials then search for my session.  It details a workflow which may be useful for your situation.

CI2160 - Intersections from the Inside Out. 

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
Conrad_A
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve,

It looks like this is in the right direction. The complex intersection you describe matches my design pretty close so the workflow should be similar. I found your class but was only able to get access to the powerpoint and dwgs. The handout wasn't accessible. Is there any other information in the handout that would be useful?

Thanks again for your time.

Conrad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report