Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Surface Troubleshooting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Bijirap
352 Views, 6 Replies

Intersection Surface Troubleshooting

Hello Everyone,

I am creating a simple t-intersection, however; I am having issues getting the corridor suface to build. It seems there are areas along the secondary road cl where the surface tends to snap to the existing ground. (Please see the attached screen shots).

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance. Intersection Troubleshooting 2.PNGIntersection Troubleshooting 1.PNG

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Bijirap

Its highly probable that the one of the design/layout profiles you are using (either the target or baseline profiles) has gaps at those points where the Surface drops to zero. Examine your profiles carefully and lookout for any gaps.

Message 3 of 7
Bijirap
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

I was hoping it would be as simple as you suggested but Smiley Sad I checked both of the profiles and they are fine.

Message 4 of 7
fcernst

Can you post the intersection?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 7
Neilw_05

I see that behavior when there are duplicate breaklines on top of each other. Check for stacked featurelines in those areas. If this is not the problem, uploading your file will be necessary.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 7
david.zavislan

Check targets in your corridor properties.  It looks like the curb return assemblies are targeting the existing ground profile instead of the FG centerline pofiles.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
Bijirap

I built the intersection using a composed subassembly and it seems the subassembly is the culprit because when i use any other subassembly the intersection builds fine.

Thank you every one for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report