Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERSECTION PROBLEM.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alimouds77
380 Views, 3 Replies

INTERSECTION PROBLEM.

Please if some one can help us regarding attached file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: alimouds77

Create alignments / feature lines representing back of footway etc then target with corridor model.

You can specify this when you create an intersection I think. Sorry I dont use the intersection command as it will not do what I need it to. I find it simpler to design using laignments the old way.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: alimouds77

alimouds77, First off, welcome to the C3D discussion groups. It might help to clarify the result we are looking for. Is it necessary for the intersection to be a part of the corridor, or is a C3D surface the final outcome. If a proposed surface is all that is required than we can build the front of the sidewalk with the flow line at the radius. Secondly we can build the back of walk with a simply feature line connecting the back of walk with the row line. It other words while using the intersection routine don't specify sidewalk. Let it create a normal intersection as if there was no sidewalk. Then add the feature line to the surface as a break line to define the back of walk. again welcome to the DG and please come back often with questions and comments.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 4
fcernst
in reply to: dgordon

"Secondly we can build the back of walk with a simply feature line connecting the back of walk with the row line"

This will not be dynamically responsive to elevation changes of the intersection.

I would horizontally Target the 2D polyline linework of your sidewalks with the PCR Assemblies, or design and implement a correct PCR assembly for your conditions.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report