Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Labels with POT's POC's

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1592 Views, 15 Replies

Intersection Labels with POT's POC's

Everyone,

I hate to post this because it’s either a very simple answer that I can’t see in front of me, or it’s not possible.  Mostly I’m afraid of the later.  Anyway, I need a style for intersection of alignments that automatically includes the abbreviations for Point On Tangent (POT), Point On Curve (POC), etc.  I can create a style with the basic information of Station, Alignment Name, but adding the POT, POST, etc. in front of all alignment’s stationing and name doesn’t seem available still in Civil 3D 2011.

I’m hoping that I just have missed something.

Thanks,

Keith

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
gccdaemon
in reply to: Anonymous

The style is located on the settings tab then ALIGNMENT>LABEL STYLES>STATION>GEOMETRY POINT>

Edit the style and click on the LAYOUT tab. Under the GEOMETRY POINT & STATION component paste "<[Geometry Point Text(CP)]>: <[Station Value(Uft|FS|P2|RN|AP|Sn|TP|B2|EN|W0|OF)]>" into the Contents area.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 16
gccdaemon
in reply to: gccdaemon

The abbreviations for the geometry points are located by right clicking on the file in the settings tab and selecting EDIT DRAWING SETTINGS. You'll see the Abbreviations tab and you can change any of those to get POC instead of PC, etc.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks for the info, but I've got those alignment geometry point labels created.  This is very specific to alignments that cross each other, that might not intersect at a geometry point.  In the situation were two alignments intersect each other and the intersection falls on the tangent section for both alignments the label should read like this…

POT 48+25.95, LINE ‘A’ =

POT 23+83.27, LINE ‘PR-B1’

Both points on each alignment are not a geometry point for either alignment at the intersection.  A point ON tangent (POT) is different than a point OF tangent (PT), and point ON curve (POC) is different than point OF curve (PC).  I’m unable to get an intersection style to label the intersection with the correct alignment point location description abbreviation.  And POT, POC, POST, etc. aren’t in the abbreviation list that you can edit.

Hope this clarifies what I’m looking to create for alignment intersections.

Keith

Message 5 of 16
gccdaemon

I don't think you'll be able to do that. There is a crossing for pipes, but not for alignments. You'd have to modify a station/offset label to get even close to what you're looking for. There is not a way I know of that will allow you to select two alignements to pull information from.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 6 of 16
jmayo-EE

If you are looking for one label to grab stationing from two different alignments look into reference text. Make a label with the alig. name & station, add a reference text componet for the second alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
ccookusi

You just need to add the component "reference text" to the style

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

I've understand that process and can get station value, alignment name, N/E, etc.  I'm looking a way for C3D to automatically add POT or POC, heck even if it's a PC, in front of the alignment data of the intersecion lable.  I've attached a sample drawing of the label I'm wanting to get out of C3D.  Maybe that will help with what i'm looking to get.

Regarding the reference text, which properties do I use to get the POT, or POC of the intersection point?

Thanks,
Keith

Message 9 of 16
Sinc

You might be able to edit individual labels and add that string as a Text Override, but I don't know of any way to get that stuff automatically.  Especially the POST part.  In fact, I'm not even sure how to label a POST at all in Civil 3D...  There's an option for labeling the PI station on a horizontal curve, but I can't say I've ever seen anything about a POST...

Sinc
Message 10 of 16
ccookusi

Just create a seperate style for all the different scenarios.

Like the attached.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ccookusi

Like I said in my original post, I'm afraid that Civil 3D doesn’t do that (Yet?).  I’m a little disappointed that the intersection label style doesn’t have that in there yet.

ccookusi - Man, you went the whole 9 yards for each scenario like that.

Thanks everyone that sent a response.

Keith

Message 12 of 16
ccookusi

Yes.

But once their built, they are done.

It really didn't take long to create.

Once you create one, you can copy and just change the prefix in the label composer.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: ccookusi

ccookusi...

How many users are using the styles you create?  Just interested in seeing if the "masses" get overwhelmed with that many styles.

Thanks, Keith

Message 14 of 16
ccookusi

All of us using Civil 3D.

Some are still using LDC.

We are a small firm, so it is not that big of a deal.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Did you ever figure out how to label POT, POC in Civil 3D? I'm in need of help with this. Your help will highly be appreciated. Thanks. J

Message 16 of 16
ccookusi

Bahnner,

See Attached for POT=POC Alignment label

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report