Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection editing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jeff_M
493 Views, 5 Replies

Intersection editing

I have a 4-way intersection designed using the Intersection tool. It all works great. Except now the City has decided my secondary road is going to be upgraded to a major collector. This means it must now be the through street with the centerline slopes maintained while the previous main alignment becomes the secondary. Is the only way to this to just suck it up, delete the original intersection and create an all new one?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jeff_M

I didn't find a way to change to maintain crowns either. That would be a very nice button

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey

When you create the intersection there are buttons that you can use to change the primary alignmnent.

I figured these would be in the intersection properties as well but I can't seem to find any way to change them.

I suppose, if the alignment geometry outside the intersection is pretty simple, you could rotated the alignment 90 degrees and then rename them. Seems like a lot more work then recreating the intersection though.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
Neilw_05

When you consider how the 2 types of intersections are modeled I can understand why it's not so simple to switch between them.

The "Crown Maintained" type uses an alignment and profile along the edges of the main road across the intersection as targets for the subassemblies and the "blended" type uses the centerline alignments and profiles as targets. It would a require a major reconstruction of the intesection to switch.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: Neilw_05

I just realized the issue here is switching the main and secondary roads, so totally different scenario, but considering how it requires switching the alignments and targets it would also be a major reconstruction.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 6 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: BrianHailey

I haven't checked this but I think you can switch the primary and secondary alignments IF you don't create the curb returns, alignments and profiles. In that case the intersection object just manages which profile gets locked to the other. If anyone has time, try creating an intersection without turning on the components and see if you can switch them after it is created.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report