Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Design (vertical curves)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Toby_Nicks
364 Views, 0 Replies

Intersection Design (vertical curves)

Hello All,

Firstly my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I could not find it. In the UK I first learnt highway modelling in PDS (which is similar in many ways to Civils), however there does seem to be a distinct difference in the intersection (or junction) design. In PDS you have the options to design the radii (quadrants) as either a flat grade or a pair of vertical curves. The latter of the two is generally my preference as it gives a neater set of contours and drainage characteristics of the junction (and in terms of safety it moves the gullies away from the intersection of the two roads). From looking at the wizard set up in Civils there does not seem to be the same options (yes there is a manual profile option but I'd rather not go down this road as the software is suuposed to be doing the work!)? Additionally from looking at the quadrant profiles it's not even being defined as a flat grade along the curve which just isn't right!

If anyone can shed some light on this please let me know.

Regards,

Toby

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report