Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intersection corridor-no curbs please

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kmans57
1244 Views, 5 Replies

intersection corridor-no curbs please

I'm trying to make an intersection with no curbs. Its dirt road going over a berm(dike) so there is no curb and seems like there is no curb "curb returns" options. Only curb return selection. Is there something else I can use?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: kmans57

Autodesk may call them curb return alignments, but what the cross section looks like is up to you.  Build an assembly using open shoulders instead of curbs and it will work pretty much the same way.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
kmans57

My assembly for each alignment has no curbs and when I use the intersections tools I get a curb return. An actual curb in curb return.
Message 4 of 6
miked

When you create the intersection using intersection tool you will most likly be usinging the pre defined intersection assemblies. these have kerbs. You will need to create a set of assemblies to use without the kerbs or modify the existing ones to suit you needs

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 5 of 6
gte959s

• Open the "TOOL PALETTS" by hitting CNTL+3. 
  • Look for the stock tool palett called "Assemblies Imperial". 
  • Under this section you will find all of the generic Intersection assemblies that C3d use3s for intersections. 
  • You can bring them all into your autocad file for editing. 
  • Add something to the end of the name so that you can change you find teh quick replacement. 
  • For the curb one, jsut delete teh curb from the assembly. 

After a while you can make a new one from scratch.  This way you can sort of keep things organized until you learn it fully.

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: gte959s

I believe the Int Wiz gives you the option to save the assemblies setups. With this in mind I would copy the subassemblies shipped and/or make new ones without the curbs then save a new set for a road without curbs.

When you go through the intersection wizard use the curb returns to control your edge of pavement. Even though there is no curb height you still need the alignments/profiles to control the design.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report