Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Circular Dependency Errors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mrf
Explorer
2531 Views, 1 Reply

Intersection Circular Dependency Errors

We have recently made the switch to Civil 3D for our firm and are running into some issues with intersections.  I am getting an error stating that "The primary road for this T-junction will result in a circular dependency with the existing intersections."  When trying to make an intersection at the middle intersecting road of the northern road going across the top of the screen in the attached image.  The norhtern road is defined as secondary at both endpoints and the intersecting road is defined as primary at the previous intersection.  At this intersection the northern road will need to be primary and the intersecting road secondary.  I have done some googling and was only able to find older posts from 2010-2011 on this issues and was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to deal with this issue since then?  I would prefer not to break up my alignments as you lose some of the dynamic nature by doing that and vertical curves can become an issue.  Thanks for any help.  I am running Civil 3D 2013 64-bit. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
machadt
in reply to: mrf

Hi Robert,

I suppose you got the error when you implement the create Intersection command, not in the time opening the file in C3D 2013, is it right? 

This error is prompted to users that the selected main road and side road has a circular dependency in the drawing. 

For example, suppose Alignment1 and Alignment2 have 2 crossing points.  In one junction, Alignment1 is used as a main road of an intersection and Alignment2 is the side road. But in another junction, user picks Alignment2 as a main road but Alignment1 as a side road.

Hope this will help.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report