Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intersection 2 corridor, one corridor for road and one corridor for channel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
319 Views, 4 Replies

intersection 2 corridor, one corridor for road and one corridor for channel

Hi

I have 2 corridor(civil3d2012),one corridor for road and one coridor for channel,there is channel besides of road and in some parts, there are intersection between daylights (of road ) and slop of channel (not to mention I modelled channel by corridor).

but whatever I tried to solve this problem by "paste corridor surface" in new surface I couldn't .

please help me.

sincerely

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kidkuts
in reply to: Anonymous

Why dont you try modelling the whole thing in one corridor and use an offset alignment for the channel.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: kidkuts

Hi

I don't understand, I have 2 parallel corridor

Message 4 of 5
kidkuts

Exactly, if they are Parallel why not just make 1 corridor utilising a centreline alignment and an offset alignment.

Message 5 of 5
Neilw_05

"there is channel besides of road and in some parts"

It seems some don't understand your problem. If only part of the channel is adjacent to the road then you'll need to correlate the channel and road in those areas. To do that you'll need to establish common vertical and horizontal targets for the road and the channel. I am not an expert on corridors but I think you can achieve your goal by the following:

1) Create an assembly for the road corridor that includes the channel geometry and apply it to a region where the channel corridor meets the road. Then generate featurelines and a surface for the channel in that area so that you can use them as targets for the channel corridor.

2) For the channel corridor you'll need to create an assemby that can target both a horizontal and vertical target. Then where it meets the road you'll target the road ditch featurelines that you created in step 1. Too, you'll need to synchronize the channel profile where it meets the road ditch profile. By sampling the channel surface created by the road corridor in step 1 you can align the channel profile with the surface profile to get them close.

I realize it's a convoluted process and not easy to explain in a forum, so this a case where having live tech support would be a great help.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report