Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpolating points from a surface based on the sample lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
655 Views, 5 Replies

Interpolating points from a surface based on the sample lines

Hi everybody,

I wanna interpolate points from surface but only in that area where my sample lines intersecting with the surface. There is a point creation tool that makes this based on polylines but I have to many data and it will get to much time to do this. So, for better understanding I attached some pictures, in the first picture it is showen the final result which I have made based on polylines, but here is also a problem, the tool is not putting points where the surface is changing ( on my second picture I highlighted with red circles). 

Can somebody find a solution for my problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand what you want you should be able to create feature lines (at the elevations of the points) along those sample lines and add those to the surface as breaklines. This will force triangles to be added at the points you expect. Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
troma

Are you trying to create cogo points at the surface elevation?

Try this:
Convert 2D polylines to 3D polylines.
Use 'Elevations from Surface' command on the 3D polylines with the 'Add Vertices' option turned on.
Then use these 3D polylines to create the points.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

There is no command that extract the points from surface automatically, example every 10 m based on my alignment?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Troma your solution is working well, but it takes to much time. How can I make batch commands or similary with batch?

Message 6 of 6
troma

Possibly the three commands could be combined in a macro, but I've never recorded a macro for something like this. Not sure how, for example, it would be able to ask you which surface to assign elevations from. But you could try it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report