Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference checks of pipes in 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mthorne
403 Views, 1 Reply

Interference checks of pipes in 2012

I have run the interference check on pipes in my pipe network but I am not sure the results are accurate.  I have set the 3D proximity distance to 1.7' in the attached example and Civil 3D found the pipes in interference with each other, but I'm not sure how this distance is calculated.  This distance doesn't appear to be the pipe clearance measured along the perimiter (2.4' in green) or the inside diameter perimiter (1.8' in green) of my structure.  The distances measured directly between the pipes on the inside of the structure doesn't match the interference results either.  I have set the pipe elevations and slopes to the same numbers in this example so I can measure the distance in 2D.  Has anyone else experienced these problems?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: mthorne

Are you checking interferances between two different networks or just a single network.

It looks like the latter which will always flag up interferances at every structure with pipe connections and also any crossings.

Otherwise if your checking against two networks then if selected it uses a promximity which is accurate to the dimensions provided.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report