Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference Check Between Pipe Network and Pressure Network?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
smccull91
2661 Views, 7 Replies

Interference Check Between Pipe Network and Pressure Network?

Hello all,

Is there any way to run an interence check between a pipe network (my sanitary line) and a pressure network (my water line).  I have the waterline data referenced into the sanitary file.  I'm using Civil 3D 2014 Imperial.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Seth M, E.I.T.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sirjoelsph
in reply to: smccull91

The Civil 3D Interference check only works for gravity pipe systems right now.  I know it's been suggested to Autodesk that they add in the ability that you're looking for, so we'll get it in 5 or so years....

While there is no automated way to run your interference check, I've had good luck just using the Object Viewer and 3D Orbiting around my pipes to see if they physically intersect.  You can select the entire networks in the prospector and then right click and go into object viewer to get a good view of it.

OV.PNG

-JOEL
Message 3 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: smccull91

If you have access to Navisworks Manage (it's available in the Ultimate Suite), you can run clash detections between Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 8
sduffin
in reply to: BrianHailey

Does anybody know if this functionality has been added to Civil 3D 2018 yet?  The ability to check interference between gravity and pressure pipe networks?

Message 5 of 8
Scott.Armstrong2
in reply to: sduffin

I am using 2018 C3D. Still cannot run interference checks between Pressure and Gravity pipe networks.

Message 6 of 8
otho.belkhayat
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Almost 5 years later, still no interference check between pressure and gravity networks...

Otho Bel, EI

C3D 2018 & 2020, Navisworks 2020, SSA 2020, on Win10 64
i7 @3.6GHz
32GB Ram
Quadro P620
Message 7 of 8
Muthya
in reply to: BrianHailey

Question: Is it also possible in Navisworks to perform Clash detection on multiple utilities at a time?

What is the way forward.

Thanks and Regards.

Message 8 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: Muthya

I haven't used Navisworks in a long time but you should be able to do a clash between any objects in the model.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report