Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Terrain Shaping - Entering Spacing Value

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
546 Views, 5 Replies

Interactive Terrain Shaping - Entering Spacing Value

Has anyone noticed that when you use the Spacing command to set the work canvas grid spaciing, it requires that you pick a point in the drawing and then enter the value?  Shouldn't it just prompt you for a value?  Seems like a bug maybe. Am I missing a settings or something?

gridspacing.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to set default spacing so that it is applied to every new work canvas?

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Hi Eric, I don't have an answer, but was hoping I could ask you a question. I viewed your AU presentation; asphalt Islands, and greatly enjoyed your presentation. I got confused at a point and viewed it 2 more times for clarity but I can't seem to get my situation to work right.

I created my general surface _ check

I created my perimeter surface_ check, did I get this right: in the presentation the perimeter FL goes in a different site than the general, right?

If I do this, when you infill the perimeter it misses the high low points created by the general FL, since they are in another site.

If I put the general and perimeter in the same site I get more what I expected. Are they supposed to be in the same site?

Thanks for you time. Sorry I have not seen the interactive grading yet.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi, Joe.  Shoot me an e-mail at chappell.eric@gmail.com and we can continue this conversation there.

Thanks.

Eric

Message 5 of 6
Smita

The prompt is actually asking you to pick two points to specify a distance that will be used for spacing. The second prompt "Enter New Spacing" is prompting for the second point or optionally type a value in the dynamic dimension text that is displayed on the screen. The intent was to make it resemble the "dist" command but I agree that the prompt is confusing and should be changed.

Message 6 of 6
Smita

The default spacing is 3 units and cannot be changed right now for new grids. It is just a limitation of the labs preview and we will fix it in future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report