Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating structures into Civil 3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wilsonm2000
675 Views, 2 Replies

Integrating structures into Civil 3D

Hi guys

I am creating a drainange drawing with Civil 3D.  first of all, I was wondering about headwalls.  I have a few winged headwalls I need to integrate into my pipe network.  Reading about, it says that Civil 3D 2012 has winged headwalls as part of the structures library in the pipe network section, but I cannot find them, only rectangular headwalls.  I also have a custom size headwall we have designed, how would I put that in, would I just model it up as a 3D solid in autoCAD, and then how would I paste it into my final surface model?  Also, We have basins at the end of our drainage ditches, which is basically a square basin made up of gabion baskets, again, will I create it as a 3D solid in autocad?  Hope this all makes sense 😛

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: wilsonm2000

if all you need to see is contours draw correctly to show a 2d top down view, then 3d solids are not necessary and a waste of time.

a couple break lines strategically placed is all you need to get the job done with a winged headwall.   it's similar to constructing a retaining wall with two break lines.   One for ground at  top of wall and one for ground at bottom of wall.

the contours don't care if a retaining wall is above the ground by a foot or 10 feet.

gabion baskets are below ground, so only the top of them needs to be modeled for surface contours.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 3
wilsonm2000
in reply to: dgordon

Great, thanks for your help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report