Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Infraworks/3ds Max Design and Civil 3D models

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
neilyj666
1333 Views, 2 Replies

Integrating Infraworks/3ds Max Design and Civil 3D models

The following video show a dam in China using Infraworks and Civil 3D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJLb9suzJM&list=PLgYKCHjym6mQ9KdNWHesq2dDSnHaj9QQf&index=5

During the first 25 secs or so, there is a sequence showing a disposal area created in Civil 3D but with a texture that isn't the draped aerial image (and there are further examples of this elsewhere).

How does one get surfaces etc that aren't derived from a corridor to show in this way in Infraworks. There doesn't seem to be any workflow in the available information to address non linear projects.

Additionally the 3ds Max workflows seem to be geared up for linear projects e.g. roads only - has anyone got any tips for non linear projects e.g. earthworks platforms?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lim.wendy
in reply to: neilyj666

Hi Neil,

Not sure if I could understand you correctly, do you mean to ask how to get that disposal area (surface) from C3D into Infraworks?

Smiley Happy

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: lim.wendy

I'm new to IDSP 2014 having upgraded from standalone Civil 3D 2013...Smiley Happy

I have been able to get surfaces into Infraworks using IMX but when they are brought in they adopt the aerial image texture. In the case of a mining project where the proposal is entirely below existing ground, I can't work out how to visualise the hole. If I was doing it in Civil 3D it is easy enough to use a proposed Surface as a hide boundary but I can't seem to get this to work in Infraworks. In essence I want to show a proposed design (typically non linear) derived from Civil 3D with a texture that is retained in Infraworks and always shows fully regardless of whether it is above the existing ground or below

Another example from the dam video is the construction camp terraces and connecting roads which look great in Infraworks but I don't understand how to produce this sort of stuff which would would be very useful in my workflow.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report