Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSUNITS - Scaling in Model and Paper spaces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mcloughlin
303 Views, 1 Reply

INSUNITS - Scaling in Model and Paper spaces

A question that should be simple, but that for me is not:

I need my model space scaled in FEET and my paper space scaled in INCHES. This is because we use PAPER in paper space, and this paper comes in sizes like 24x36", and blocks and text scaled for same are constructed in INCHES. 

However, I need my model space scaled in FEET.  This is because we deal with large parcels of land, sometimes many miles long, and the preferred unit is the decimal FOOT (6" = 0.5'). 

I thought that this might be an INSUNITS-related phenomenon, but when I set INSUNITS to 1 (inches) in paper space, the value in model space also becomes 1, etc. 

What SETTINGS would I use in order that paper space units be INCHES, while model space units remain FEET? 

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: mcloughlin

If you are wanting to insert blocks, some into PS and others into MS, and have them auto-scale, this may be difficult. PS is always either inches or mm, model can be anything. What exactly are you trying to do?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report