Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion point problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
malnicof
373 Views, 5 Replies

Insertion point problem

I have been trying to simply insert points in a .csv file (PNEZD).  The foints are taken SPC systems and elevations are in feet.  I am using the imperial english template with no conversions.  When i import the points from a file the points come in in the correct position but the elevation is in meters insted of feet!

Please advise

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: malnicof

Check your Point Label Style to be sure that someone didn't accidentally change it to Meters in the template. Not saying that's the problem. But it's the first and easiest to look at.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
jporter

Can you post a the point file so we can test on our end? Does this happen with the standard Civil 3D template as well as your own?
Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 4 of 6
malnicof
in reply to: jporter

Yes it does happen when i bring them in the default acad template

Message 5 of 6
BrianHailey

Comes in fine for me. Can you post your drawing as well? You can strip all linework and C3D objects out of it if you want.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 6
jporter
in reply to: BrianHailey

It came in fine for me as well. All the elevations appeared as they do in the CSV file.  However, when I changed the drawing units to meters and then imported the points they were in the 3000 range elevations.  Is your template set up in meters and you just didn't know it?

Units.jpg

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report