Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting points with latitude and longitude

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
397 Views, 1 Reply

Inserting points with latitude and longitude

I have a job where I have to locate over 200 water wells on a USGS map in Pennsylvania. I have a list of the wells from the state but the coordinates are in latitude and longitude. I can enter these points one at a time using the geodetic calculator but this is very time consuming. Does anybody know how to import all these points in one step?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: 40032831983

This applies to Land Desktop as I do not use Civil 3D, but I am sure the procedure is similar. If the points are in a comma delimited ASCII file, add a field to the file that identifies the coordinate system (LL84 for example) and then when importing the file into Land Desktop, select the option to perform a coordinate transformation. LDT will look for the field that identifies the coordinate system of the import file and perform the transformation. Please review the help files for performing coordinate transformations during import. "rmkeen" wrote in message news:21693444.1103037068651.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I have a job where I have to locate over 200 water wells on a USGS map in >Pennsylvania. I have a list of the wells from the state but the coordinates >are in latitude and longitude. I can enter these points one at a time using >the geodetic calculator but this is very time consuming. Does anybody know >how to import all these points in one step? >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report