Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting an ortho corrected metric photo into an imperial drawing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
callen
1005 Views, 11 Replies

Inserting an ortho corrected metric photo into an imperial drawing

Hello,

This has been driving me nuts.  I have access to free high def .sid photos but they are in nad83-N (metric) and I want them scaled and in correct location in nad83-NF (foot).  I have tried the whole connect route, inserting as block, quering, and nothing seems to work.  I would really like to use these photos as they are high def, free, and a realitively small file for the entire county.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: callen

1. Use Raster Design or Image command to insert the image into a drawing with the native metric coordinate system of the image. Save and exit.

2. Open a new drawing assign the desired coordinate system.

3. Use the Task Pane (MAPWSPACE)  Map Explorer Tab Attach the Source drawing to the new drawing.

4. Right Click on Curent drawing select Coordinate System Set the coordinate system of the Source Drawing.

5. Query > Location All The Source Drawing into the New drawing.

Jim

Matrix3DSurveys

Message 3 of 12
callen

I tried that method as well. I'm running 2015 and when trying to run the query the window doesn't pop up but rather is all in the command line with no option to select from the attached drawing.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I'm running IDS 2015 suspect something wrong with your installation, dialog boxes should comeup. Check the FILEDIA settings.

Jim

Message 5 of 12
callen

Query is the only box that does not come up.
Message 6 of 12
Jay_B

There's a known issue relative to several Map dialog boxes not working properly in 2015.

Give this a try.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 12
callen
in reply to: Jay_B

Ok so that fixed my lack of window but I am still having some trouble.  My process:

1. open a new dwg, set to metric, assign metric coord, insert image.

2. open a new dwg, set to imperial coord.

3. mapsspace, map explorer, data, attach source drawing

4. run query and it says there is no data

it appears that the drawing is attaching but in reality it is not attaching at all.

What the heck is going on?

Message 8 of 12
callen

So I now got the query to execute but the coordinate transformation is not happening.  So frustrating.

Message 9 of 12
Pointdump

Callen,

Instead of the Drawing-to-Drawing way of bringing in an image (I've had trouble with that one, myself), why don't you just FDO-in the image directly. You can change the Coordinate System of your Geo-Referenced Image here:

Edit.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 10 of 12
callen

Well I was able to get everything to work and it is in the correct place, but when I save and close the image detaches.  Any ideas on keeping the image in the drawing?

Message 11 of 12
callen
in reply to: Pointdump

That method works BUT it doesn't recongize it at is a photo so contrast/fade/clip do not work which is not very friendly for making good looking plans.

Message 12 of 12
Pointdump

Callen,

If you bring in the image with MAPIINSERT, you can use the Properties Window to adjust the image:

Mapiinsert.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report