Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Raster Image

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mcloughlin
32368 Views, 5 Replies

Insert Raster Image

Good morning. Need to insert a raster image (a little map in .jpg format) into a C3D drawing. Used to be, one went Insert>insert raster image, and then the image appeared and could be scaled and moved about at will. Now I do not find this option, nor does the Insert Ole Object seem to have a choice for inserting a plain non-georeferenced .jpg. Is there an easy way simply to insert a raster image into a drawing? The "help" function seems singularly unhelpful in this regard, treating primarily georeferenced entities. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: mcloughlin

Use the ExternalReferences Palette, Choose to attach Image
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
owenmull

You can get to where Jeff is talking about by using the command, 'XR', and changing the type to Image in the dropdown at the top left of the window.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

XREF.  There is a dropdown menu in the upper left corner that you can change from "Dwg" to "Image".

Message 5 of 6
cadtech1986

Directly dragging the .jpg file from windows explorer to your model (or paper) space also works.

Message 6 of 6
tomw
in reply to: cadtech1986

AK, I haven't been able to get the drag and drop functionality to work in any of the 2014 products I have installed. C3D, RASTER DESIGN, MAP, or plain AutoCAD. I can use the image or xref commands but it would be nice to just drop in non-georeferenced images.  Is there a variable to enable drag and drop?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report