Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert C3D network into CAD dwg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lee
Explorer
296 Views, 2 Replies

Insert C3D network into CAD dwg

Finally got around to setting up our C3D software to download and process our survey data.  Setup styles, description keys, linework, etc.  With some trial and error, got it working.  We are trying to insert the C3D drawing into an existing cad topo survey and the points are way off, I'm talking miles.  The survey database is setup with the correct coordinate system and the C3D file is correct.  Exporting the points to Cad works but we would like to find a solution to why the inserted block is being thrown off.  Any Ideas?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: lee

Assuming the cooridinates match from the existing file to the new c3d file it sounds like a units descrepency.

A few things to verify:

1. In the c3d file what are the drawing units set to in "drawing settings" ?

2. In the existing file type in -dwgunits (if this is a file created from an unknown or different dwt than the c3d file)? This will return the actual drawing units.

3. What units did you specify in the survey database? (Default is international feet).

4. What are the "insert units" set to?

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
lee
Explorer
in reply to: Jay_B

Drawing units set to US foot.  Survey database is set to US foot and correct coordinate zone.  Insert scale is unitless.  I ended up doing the following:  Opened the existing cad file in Civil3D 2013, inserted the C3D drawing I created which contains the survey network and cogo points.  Everything worked fine, point markers and labels scaled correctly also.  I saved the drawing and was able to finished in C3D as Acad.  Would still like to find out why the points were getting thrown off when opening in cad and inserting C3D file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report