AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
Robert S
Message 1 of 5 (50 Views)

Insatllation

50 Views, 4 Replies
05-31-2005 07:43 AM
I tried to install Civil 3D 2006 this weekend and was not successful. Half way through the second CD, the computer reboots. The computer has Windows XP Pro, 1 Gig of mem. and is new - I got it just for Civil 3D. It has never had Civil 3D 2005 on it. I can't find a way to finish the installation nor can I uninstall the Civil 3d. Can anyone out there help me find a way to uninstall the Civil 3D 2006? I tried sever times to start over with he first CD but get the same crash every time. At this point I am not interested in getting Civil 3D installed, I just want to get it off the computer so that I can install an older version of AutoCAD and get some work done.
*wfb
Message 2 of 5 (50 Views)

Re: Installation

05-31-2005 08:27 AM in reply to: Robert S
You need to be more specific in what methods you have tried to uninstall.
Control Panel ?, Use the installation CD and the remove option?

Bill

wrote in message news:4860614@discussion.autodesk.com...
I tried to install Civil 3D 2006 this weekend and was not successful. Half
way through the second CD, the computer reboots. The computer has Windows XP
Pro, 1 Gig of mem. and is new - I got it just for Civil 3D. It has never had
Civil 3D 2005 on it. I can't find a way to finish the installation nor can I
uninstall the Civil 3d. Can anyone out there help me find a way to uninstall
the Civil 3D 2006? I tried sever times to start over with he first CD but
get the same crash every time. At this point I am not interested in getting
Civil 3D installed, I just want to get it off the computer so that I can
install an older version of AutoCAD and get some work done.
Contributor
Robert S
Message 3 of 5 (50 Views)

05-31-2005 08:48 AM in reply to: Robert S
I tried to go to My Computer, then "Add or Remove Programs" and Civil 3D doesn't show up because it never finished the installation. I also tried to put the first CD in and find someplace where there might be a "Repair" or 'Uninstall" but that option never shows up. The installation doesn't seem to know there is already a partially installed AutoCAD on the hard drive. Rather than try to "Reg edit", I think it might be better to just format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
*NUMA
Message 4 of 5 (50 Views)

05-31-2005 09:14 AM in reply to: Robert S
I believe the registry entries are made last, just delete the program
files/civil 3d 2006 directory, and try again.
Contributor
Robert S
Message 5 of 5 (50 Views)

05-31-2005 10:09 AM in reply to: Robert S
Thanks for your help, I appreciate the effort but that didn't help either. Right now the hard disk is formatting and I will reinstall the operating system. This way I am sure AutoCAD is off the computer.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.