Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inner diameter of pipes in SSA

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
siroos.jafary
545 Views, 6 Replies

Inner diameter of pipes in SSA

Hi all,
I do appreciate in advance for your help and time.
I am modelling a sewer pipe network in SSA. At some stages we use varies pipe materials with different wall thicknesses. So I want to know how can I assign inner diameter of pipes in SSA so I just deduct wall thickness from pipe diameter and then assign it to the pipe. Or is there any possibility to make a pipe list whith specific properties like part builder in civil3d?

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Diameters in SSA are always inner diameters.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 7

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much. my problem was when I assigned an specefice size to the pipe, after analyse it does not show the pipe diameter which I choose and round it to nearest rounded diameter. i.e. I assined 302.6 mm but in report it shows 300 mm. I just restart SSA and try again, then it shows 302.6 mm. I do not know why it is like this.

Message 4 of 7

Please note that the application allows you to specify the diameter in mm.  The ASCII report will only show m, but the custom report allows you to specify the results in mm.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 7

thanks a lot. i will check it. many thanks.
Message 6 of 7

Hi matt, 

Would you please take a look at this post and see if you can help me on this as well?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/import-stm-to-civil-3d-change-sump-level-of-structure...

Regards.

Message 7 of 7
cpgrande
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

No it isn't.  I have the same problem as well when assigning pipe diameter (inside diameter) to a 16" pressure pipe.  Civil 3D displays ???.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report