Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite Module Availability

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
jessica.kelly
2157 Views, 23 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite Module Availability

Effectively immediately, Autodesk is expanding access to the Autodesk® Bridge Module, the Autodesk® Geotechnical Module, the Autodesk® Rail Layout Module, and the Autodesk® River and Flood Analysis Module.  In addition to Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate edition Subscription customers, Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Subscription customers now have access to an extended set of specialized engineering capabilities which support Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes throughout the project execution and lifecycle of transportation, land, and water projects.  These modules can be found on the Autodesk Subscription Center via Downloads > Product Enhancements.

Jessica L. Kelly
Director, Operations - Autodesk Tandem
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
AllenJessup
in reply to: jessica.kelly

Thank you for letting us know.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 24
fcernst

Ok, what's the catch? 

Is this the established offering? In other words pereptual going forward?

Or are you looking for free troubleshooting/debugging services for awhile, and then pull it back?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 24
mathewkol

This is good news.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 24
neilyj666

so do users of IDSP get access to the rivers module? I could have stayed on standalone civil 3D but I needed the geotech module...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 24
AllenJessup
in reply to: neilyj666

I find it on my subscripting login and have IDSP. Now what underlying license checks there may be - I don't know.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 24
jessica.kelly

Yes, the users of ISDP will have access to the River and Flood Analysis Module.

Jessica L. Kelly
Message 8 of 24
neilyj666

Had I upgraded to IDSU in order to use the River Analysis and was now tied into the IDSU for subs next year, I would be bit annoyed...but luckily I don't really have any use for this module.

I'm quite interested in the thinking behind this move...no doubt it'll never be made public.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 9 of 24
jmayo-EE

Very good news. Thanks to all.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 24

Please read the following announcement from Autodesk.

We continue to look for ways to provide extended value to our customers and have recently been exploring how we could potentially make some of our modules around river and flood analysis, bridge, rail layout and geotechnical available to a broader audience. We recently communicated the availability of these modules to Civil 3D Subscription customers.  However, this transition is on hold as we continue to iterate on options.  We will communicate as soon
as we have confirmation available. Please be patient and check back for updates soon. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Jessica L. Kelly
Message 11 of 24
fcernst

Wow! That was even a lot shorter than I thought...

You probably should slow down now, confer with staff and make the decision to address all the legacy and newly introduced defects in C3D 2014, so that we may have a stable base Civil 3D product we can rely on and actually use, before rolling out new Modules.

We still do not have functional Road Rehab capabitties, QTO capability, multiple defective Daylight subassemblies, a non-working Section Editor, Sections that do not update properly per the Autodesk suggested workflows, SAC target API function issues, etc...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 12 of 24
Mark_Castle
in reply to: fcernst

Yeah, I think there was a post about this on the Being Civil blog and they pulled it.

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 13 of 24
neilyj666

The plot thickens...

EESignature

Message 14 of 24
neilyj666

....this must be a new record for the shortest time between announcement and removal...

EESignature

Message 15 of 24
neilyj666

@Anonymous wrote:

Please read the following announcement from Autodesk.

We continue to look for ways to provide extended value to our customers and have recently been exploring how we could potentially make some of our modules around river and flood analysis, bridge, rail layout and geotechnical available to a broader audience. We recently communicated the availability of these modules to Civil 3D Subscription customers.  However, this transition is on hold as we continue to iterate on options.  We will communicate as soon
as we have confirmation available. Please be patient and check back for updates soon. 

Thank you for your understanding.

What a marvellous example of corporate bull speak - I'm gonna have to remember that one and use it as my response the next time the guy at McDonalds asks "..do you want fries with that..."...Smiley Wink

EESignature

Message 16 of 24
rwhitlock1

This reversal on the part of Adesk -- offering, then withdrawing the various programs -- appears to suggest a huge miscommunication on the part of senior and mid-level management. An embarassing gaffe.

So what happens to those who downloaded and installed River Analysis during the 24hr +/- "window" it was available? Are the River police going to come looking to retrieve the program?    

Message 17 of 24
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rwhitlock1

The River Police Swat team surrounds your office and you will hear over a megaphone, "Come out with your software unopened!". 😮

On the less humourous side, would you be breaking your license agreement?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 18 of 24
rwhitlock1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hey, John. Unless Adesk, at some point, requires the software to be uninstalled, I can't imagine anyone breaking a license agreement for installing software that they made available.

(Standing on my soapbox for a moment) - I can't express strongly enough my disappointment that Adesk chose to break River Analysis from IDSP. In speaking with many of my peers, the consensus opinion is that a site / civil design software "suite" would necessarily include River Analysis.

Message 19 of 24
Mark_Castle

When my boss asks why the submittal is not ready I'll tell him I'm still iterating on options. Smiley Very Happy

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 20 of 24
dgorsman
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I think the best path forward would be the professional one, doing as intended rather than the interpretation that benefits us most.

We've all miscommunicated at some point in our careers, so I for one am willing to cut them a little slack.  It will be hashed out soon enough.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report