Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information next to cursor alignment offset, surface elev, etc

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nathan.hendrickson
1368 Views, 6 Replies

information next to cursor alignment offset, surface elev, etc

In 2014 Civil 3D when floating anywhere in model space next to crosshairs would pop up info. saying all offsets from all alignments and surface info. Now in 2015 it is only showing a maximum of 2 lines.  Just want to know where I can set that to display more.  I have already looked into dynamic input but that doesnt seem to be the right display for this info.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Each alignment and surface have this option.  In the Alignment Properties, Information tab, check the box for Show Tooltips.  This has to be done for each alignment that you want to see in the tooltip.  Same for surfaces, Surface Properties....

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7

All were already checked.  I have 10 alignments in drawing and multiple design surfaces. it will only show one alignment station and offset on first line, and existing ground elevation on second line.  Prior Civil 3D releases showed many more than two lines.

Message 4 of 7

What about in your Options, Display tab, is Show Extended Tooltips checked?

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7

Also, the initial tooltip (reading the seconds from the Options) only shows 2 lines.  If you leave your cursor there, it should display the rest of them.  You can change the Number of Seconds to Delay to maybe 1 second.

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 7

thank you!  the show extended tooltips box under options was not checked.  now that it is everything works.

Message 7 of 7

You're welcome.  I like all of mine shown as well.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report