Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect structure qty's

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
randyspear6624
440 Views, 4 Replies

Incorrect structure qty's

My SubBase quatity is including Base and Pave2 areas as well.

I changed the corridor shape style for it to double check its being created correctly and its fine but when I turn the material style on, it includes the two additional areas mentioned.

I've been doing quantities in C3D for awhile and quantities by corridor shape are pretty straight forward so is this a bug or have I overlooked something?

I am xrefing my corridor dwg into a blank dwg and then creating sample lines and sections for performance purposes. Maybe this is why?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SethHall
in reply to: randyspear6624

Personally I do not know of any known issues with this function as you are describing, which version are you using?

Also is this the first time you have used XREF in your workflow? Do the quantities calculate correctly when everything is in the same drawing?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 5
randyspear6624
in reply to: SethHall

So I've done two jobs since this one and I've done both of the qty's in the actual corridor file(not in an xref). I get the same or similar problems. I've narrowed it down to 2 possible causes.

1. You can't have more than 5 materials in a computation and/or you can't add additional items to a list after the initial run without having incorrect problems.

2. (most likely cause) you can't have overlapping materials. Ex. I have materials for HL2, HL8, Gran A, Gran B, etc. and the quantities are correct but as soon as I add Total earth cut which overlaps all of these most of the time, then all the material shapes change to my top surface.

Message 4 of 5

Also, it's not just structure qty's, it's surface qty's too.

Message 5 of 5
sboon
in reply to: randyspear6624

I've definitely run into this issue with quantity calculations involving surfaces, going back several versions.  Can't say that I've ever seen it with structure calculations but I can't recall ever having two of those materials overlap.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report