Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect saved version of drawing opening up

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JBozz300
356 Views, 5 Replies

Incorrect saved version of drawing opening up

One of the ladies that works with me is having problems opening the correctly saved version of a drawing.  She is using C3D 2013 with the hot-fix #2, but has not installed the SP1.  What happens is that she opens a design base file to work on contours, pipe, etc. and it shows in her dialogue box in Cad that the drawing date is from yesterday (12-13-2012) at 11:16 a.m.  She worked on this drawing most of yesterday and also worked on it this morning.  Around 10:15 this morning she saved the drawing.  C3D then crashed on her.  When she opened the drawing back up it was an older version from yesterday morning.  In the dialogue box in C3D it shows to be last modified yesterday morning.  When in explorer though it shows to be last saved this morning right before her crash.  She closed the drawing then double-clicked it in explorer and the newer version opened up.  I then opened it up through C3D on my machine and it shows to be the latest version she saved this morning.  I have since had her save the drawing with a different name in CAD in the same folder as her base file.  We then opened it through cad and it showed to be there with the other files.  We also went to explorer and the new file she created was there as well.  My concern was that for whatever reason there was a different version floating around.  This however is not the case since the new file showed up in both locations (Cad dialgue and Explorer).  Any ideas of what it might be?

JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: JBozz300

I don't have much knowledge on this area, but I'm wondering if you are saving drawings locally or on a network drive.  Is it possible there is some issue with how C3D talks to the network?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
tcorey

Specifically how is she opening the drawing when she's getting the wrong version? From the recent files list or through the Open dialog? Or maybe she was opening through the Drawing Recovery window and was picking the .bak file?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
JBozz300
in reply to: tcorey

She is opening the files through the regular open dialogue box.  Even if she closed C3D then restarted it and then went to open, it shows to be a different date.  Also there are 2 folders in that same location and those 2 folders as well show to have different dates then what Explorer shows.  FYI all of our files are located on a network server and not locally.  I just had her reboot her machine, and restart C3D.  She went to open the drawing and they are now showing the correct date stamp in C3D.  Not sure what happen but it seems to have fixed itself with a reboot.

JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000
Message 5 of 6
tcorey

It's kinda funny, but we resellers sometimes are mocked because we often tell tech support callers to reboot and try it again. Repair install is the other one that gets us in trouble, but it works so often and is the fastest solution to many issues. Thanks for following up with your solution!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 6
JBozz300
in reply to: tcorey

Yea I agree.  The only reason I didn't mention it is because I asked her if she rebooted before and she said yes.  So I took that out of the equation.  I decided to go ahead and have her make sure she rebooted while I was in her office to take that for sure off the table as a problem/fix.  Maybe her machine was in a windows update and it wasn't finished; can't tell at this point.  Oh well....Thanks for the replies so quickly.

JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report