Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility C3D 2013 and 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
olgierd44
416 Views, 6 Replies

Incompatibility C3D 2013 and 2014

Hello,

I have problem with compatibility this two versions of civil 3D. Files created in C3D 2013 then modified in 2014 don't want to open in C3D 2013. Files contain many civil objects: shortcuts, corridors. During opening occurs fatal error.

There is no problem with files which were created in C3D 2014 from the begining only modified in C3D 2014.

If anybody know what could make this error I'll be appreciate for help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: olgierd44

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> don't want to open in C3D 2013. [...] During opening occurs fatal error.

Have you tried to run _AUDIT before saving in 2014 ... or to open the file with _RECOVER (or _RECOVERALL) with 2013 instead of using the default _OPEN command?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
olgierd44
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It doesn't work.

Message 4 of 7
AllenJessup

The only reference I've found is that Pressure Pipe DRefs in 2014 aren't supported in 2013. Other than that. If you are on Subscription you should start a Service Request in the Subscription Center.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It doesn't work.

Command _AUDIT does not work in 2014?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7
olgierd44
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Command AUDIT works but doesn't help to soleve my problem. I was trying use command _recover from level of C3D 2013 and command AUDIT from level C3D 2014. Unfortunetly files are availbe to open only in C3D 2014. Users which have acces only to C3D 2013 are blocked.

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Can you delete all from that drawing (a copy of it) and try it again? If that also fails then upload this defect minimized drawing here so we can look into it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report