Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incerting and aligning live map to drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
achillesgr
446 Views, 3 Replies

incerting and aligning live map to drawing

hello,

i am trying to atach a live map to the c3d2014 and i need some help.

first i set the projection and then it asks me  insertion point.

1)why the map do not come in at the correct location and c3d needs me to specify the incertion point?

2)then it asks the rotation. i thought that all maps are pointing at north. but if i set it at 90 degrees pointing straight to the north a get a litle rotation that becomes very noticeable as i move far from the incertion point.

if the 90degrees is wrong, how can i find the correct rotation to give the c3d?

3) ok. that map is incerted. can i pan , move it ?rotate it ? how ?

thanks for your help!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: achillesgr

For insertion and rotation, accept the defaults by pressing ENTER.  I have noticed a bug with the live maps.  If you execute the GEOMAP command and you are not signed into Autodesk 360, then it will ask you to sign in.  Once you are signed in, it puts the aerial in the Gulf of Mexico.  So, make sure you are signed in to Autodesk 360 BEFORE you do the GEOMAP command.

Oh, and you cannot rotate the map once it is in.  It's a LIVE map.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4
achillesgr
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

hi,

the "set location " in the render menu under 3d modelling is more complicated. i t keeps asking me the location point and i do not understand what i need to input. i would like to understand what is the theory and so to avoid any mistakes.

can you please help with that? what point do i need to incert ? the datum of greece?

the geomap command works fine.!!

where is the map incerted? on a layer? how can i make it disapear? is it save d with the dwg? can i save it or print it?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: achillesgr

What command are you using to start with?  When I use the GEOMAP command in one of my state plane drawings GEOMAP just loads the picture.  It asks for nothing.  Autodesk 360 needs to be running before you start your Civil 3D program.  BTW, it will not print.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report