AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

onedayiwillbeaguru
Message 1 of 3 (407 Views)

Importing Windes Files

407 Views, 2 Replies
10-04-2012 05:21 AM

Hi,

Pretty basic question.

Trying to import a Windes file into C3D using Microdrainage WinDes Link (import from file) under Toolbox in the UK & Ireland reports section... but coming up with an unhandled exception error each time. Is the only way to go about it or can you import it via another means i.e under the import tab??

or more specifically what the best way to import a windes file into C3D?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: Importing Windes Files

10-04-2012 02:58 PM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

I don't know the answer to your question, but I love your nic. Keep posting!

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Contributor
Mathew.webber
Message 3 of 3 (370 Views)

Re: Importing Windes Files

10-05-2012 03:20 AM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

Hi there,

The Civil3D link is written and maintained by Autodesk, but does work well in the most part. We do encourage users report any problems they find with the link to Autodesk though so that they can be rectified. The main thing it does not handle very well are those lengths that are conduit sections rather than a specified pipe diameter. We have had discussions with Autodesk regarding improving the link and upgrading it to use the MDX format rather than the older SWS file.

Its hard to say what might be causing the exception, but the first place I would look is to the pipe and manhole catalogues you are using. Autodesk have encoded our default pipe and manhole sizes (Standard.pip/.mhs) however if you have different sizes you would need to configure these before importing.

The only other question would be what versions of the two products (WinDes and Civil3D) you are currently using?

Kind Regards,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Ltd Support Team

support@microdrainage.co.uk

(0044) 01635 582555

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.