Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Windes Files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
onedayiwillbeaguru
1002 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Windes Files

Hi,

Pretty basic question.

Trying to import a Windes file into C3D using Microdrainage WinDes Link (import from file) under Toolbox in the UK & Ireland reports section... but coming up with an unhandled exception error each time. Is the only way to go about it or can you import it via another means i.e under the import tab??

or more specifically what the best way to import a windes file into C3D?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

I don't know the answer to your question, but I love your nic. Keep posting!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3

Hi there,

The Civil3D link is written and maintained by Autodesk, but does work well in the most part. We do encourage users report any problems they find with the link to Autodesk though so that they can be rectified. The main thing it does not handle very well are those lengths that are conduit sections rather than a specified pipe diameter. We have had discussions with Autodesk regarding improving the link and upgrading it to use the MDX format rather than the older SWS file.

Its hard to say what might be causing the exception, but the first place I would look is to the pipe and manhole catalogues you are using. Autodesk have encoded our default pipe and manhole sizes (Standard.pip/.mhs) however if you have different sizes you would need to configure these before importing.

The only other question would be what versions of the two products (WinDes and Civil3D) you are currently using?

Kind Regards,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Ltd Support Team

support@microdrainage.co.uk

(0044) 01635 582555

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report