Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Trimble "job" files from a network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
580 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Trimble "job" files from a network

I am working with our surveyor to try and get a clue on how to import a "job" file into Civil 3D 2007. It seems that it requires that this operation be done directly from a data collector. Is this correct? What our surveyor wants is to be able to download the "job" into a project file on the network and then the designer be able to import a "fbk" file from there. I don't have a lot of experience with the "survey" end of things so I may not be stating this 100% correct. I hope someone can make sense of it and help us out.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Through the Trimble menu go to Import Job. When the Open dialog comes up click on Create New Device and select Survey Data Card. Then point it to a folder the JOB files are stored and finally give that connection a name.

Todd Nochomson
CAD Systems Manager
Miller Legg (a Florida based consulting firm)
www.millerlegg.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Todd, thanks for the help. We were able to make some headway. Now, another question. Once we have the "job" file dealt with I am hoping to be able to specify a project location for the "fbK" file. In other words I want the "fbk" file to go into the project directory in a subdirectory for "Survey". Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report