Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing survey data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
danthron
352 Views, 4 Replies

Importing survey data

I am bringing in the points by importing survey data because I don't want anyone to be able to edit the point data.

Vive noticed that they can be erased and that you can explode them.

Does anyone no what Im missing to do so they can't be modified in anyway?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: danthron

Hi,

IMHO you can't avoid modifications of drawings except of locking the layer (but that layer could be unlocked then), so it's either training "to not modify the points", or you write a tool that cancels specific commands, but make sure that everytime one of your drawings are loaded your app is also loaded.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
SurveyorLee

I agree.  You can lock the the points or the layers, but they can be unlocked with a click of a button. My recommendation is to give them a copy of the drawing on which to work.  At my office, the engineering guys can copy the survey files, but do not have write permissions to survey.  To do design on the files, they have to copy them over to an engineering directory.

Surveyor Lee

Message 4 of 5
Cadguru42

@danthron wrote:

I am bringing in the points by importing survey data because I don't want anyone to be able to edit the point data.

Vive noticed that they can be erased and that you can explode them.

Does anyone no what Im missing to do so they can't be modified in anyway?

As much as I dislike the survey database, you could go that route to prevent others from modifying the points.  

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 5
randcdavidson
in reply to: Cadguru42

As much as I dislike the survey database.... 

May I ask why? It's fantastic IMHO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report