Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Subassemblies from SAC causes Civil 3d 2012 to CRASH

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
doni49
530 Views, 10 Replies

Importing Subassemblies from SAC causes Civil 3d 2012 to CRASH

When I attempt to import a PKT file from SAC, C3D crashes.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This includes custom ones that I created as well as samples from the ADESK site.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Since it wouldn't let me import the SA in to a Pallette, I attempted to import it into the catalog instead.  After doing so, the catalog popped up--but the SA was NOT there.  Guess what--the SA was on the pallette the was selected before I turned off the check box next to the option to save to the pallette.  AND the name did NOT match the name that I had assigned to it in SAC.  GRRR

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 11
doni49

@doni49 wrote:

Since it wouldn't let me import the SA in to a Pallette, I attempted to import it into the catalog instead.  After doing so, the catalog popped up--but the SA was NOT there.  Guess what--the SA was on the pallette the was selected before I turned off the check box next to the option to save to the pallette.  AND the name did NOT match the name that I had assigned to it in SAC.  GRRR

Well that seems to have just been a fluke.  Now I can't get an SA to import at all (or at least I can't find it).  See the following screen shot and you'll see what my dialog looked like when I imported the SA.

After importing the SA, the "Catalog" opened up and I see "New Catalog".  But IT'S EMPTY (see the second screen shot).

ImportSA.pngImportSA_NewCatalog.png

Don Ireland

Message 4 of 11
doni49

Does anyone know where the toolbox data is stored?  I'm wondering if maybe I don't have enough rights to edit the toolbox and it's causing Acad to crash.  But then again, it DID put the SA on the pallette at one point -- when I told it NOT to.

Don Ireland

Message 5 of 11
doni49

Anyone have any ideas?

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 11
troma

I'm going to take pity on you because I hate it when no-one replies to me.  But I have no idea whatsoever about SAC.

Smiley Sad

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 11
tcorey

I am not sure why yours is crashing, but I would be willing to try it here as a test if you want to post your packet. Change it's extension to zip or you can't post it.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 11
doni49

Thanks. I'll post it Monday morning.

But before I ever made any attempts at making one myself, I downloaded several samples from the Autodesk website. When I imported those (one at a time of course), C3D crashed every time.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 11
doni49

I forgot to post yesterday.

The one named "ConditionalHorizontalOffsetAltSlope" is one that I created.

The other was downloaded from the Autodesk samples.  BOTH (actually EVERY pkt) cause C3D to crash when I try to import to a tool pallette.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 11
doni49

Here's one that I just created a few min ago.  Consists of two SurfaceLinks, two normal links and one shape.

When I attempted to import it, C3D crashed.

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 11
doni49

I've continued to troubleshoot this on my own.  It consistently crashes when I attempt to add the SA to a new pallette.  But I found that if I let it add the SA to an existing pallette, it comes in fine.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report