Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing shapefile data text

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
MonkeyTrainer
895 Views, 8 Replies

importing shapefile data text

Civil3d 2015

i have a drawing with shapefile squares with data attached to it. there are roughly 1,000 squares. i am wondering how to get the data annotated into my drawing as text. i am not seeing some of the buttons mentioned in documentiation on the process.

i created a drawing with the shapefile and data in it.saved that, and now i am looking for the old "TaskPane click on "Data" > "Add drawing data" >" steps for 2015.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tmachado
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

Probably the easier way to do this will be adding Feature labels on the Style Editor and if you want the labels to be MTEXT use the command Label To Text (_MAPLABEL2ANN) that convert existing feature labels to MText or to a text layer.

Hope this will help!

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 9
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: tmachado

ok, i will look into this option. 

thanks for the reply

Message 4 of 9
Murph_Map

@MonkeyTrainer wrote:

Civil3d 2015

i created a drawing with the shapefile and data in it.saved that, and now i am looking for the old "TaskPane click on "Data" > "Add drawing data" >" steps for 2015.

Thanks!

Did you use the mapimport command or the data connect command to bring the shp file into your dwg? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 9
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: Murph_Map

mapimport

Message 6 of 9
tmachado

What I described before is for FDO features... now if you used MAPIMPOT you will need to define a template (_mapanntemplate) and insert the labels (_mapanninsert)...

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 7 of 9
Murph_Map

When you use mapimport the shp file features are plain Autocadenities, you need to create a mapanno block to lable them or as you tried query and label from the map task pane MAPWSPACE turns on the task pane. I suggect the mapanno blocks it's easier to control and updates if the data changes. Also you had to create the object data on the import. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 9

Message 9 of 9

Here's another technique, sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report