Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing points with Civil 3D ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
122 Views, 2 Replies

Importing points with Civil 3D ?

We are considering purchasing Civil 3D. However I am unclear if I need to purchase the survey module as well. The only thing we will use it for is importing points from an ascii file. Can this be done in Civil 3D without the survey module? Also, why did Autodesk not include the survey module in the Civil 3D package. They incorporated the Civil Design module. Also, if anyone has any opinions on the Civil 3D package I would be interested in hearing about it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can import points from ASCII with C3D as it is. If you're just importing from ASCII, you don't need the survey in LDT to be honest. They didn't include the Survey module because many Engineers don't use it or need it to do their design work. If you want opinions, just load all the messages and get a cup of coffee. They're wide and varied across the board. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask! -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Doctor; I think that should have been a "pot" of coffee, instead of a "cup". And at least one pot. :-) Unless DJC is a speed-reader, it will take a while to get through 1850 posts. And DJC... There are (so far) unsupported rumors floating around the DGs associated with LDT that Autodesk will unveil their Survey product built along the lines of C3D sometime in the (so far) unstated future. Happy searching! -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41dc0843$1_2@newsprd01... > You can import points from ASCII with C3D as it is. If you're just importing > from ASCII, you don't need the survey in LDT to be honest. They didn't > include the Survey module because many Engineers don't use it or need it to > do their design work. > > If you want opinions, just load all the messages and get a cup of coffee. > They're wide and varied across the board. If you have specific questions, > feel free to ask! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D2005 > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report