Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing LandXML File- Scaling Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2633 Views, 4 Replies

Importing LandXML File- Scaling Issue

When I import a LandXML file (version 1.0) of a TIN surface into my ACAD Civil3D file, the resulting surface is scaled up-it actually looks as if it is translated, but it is actually a scaling issue.  There does not seem to be a setting on the Import LandXML dialogue box to address this problem.  Does anybody have a solution?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like International feet versus Survey feet.

Don't know where you're at or which foot is customary, but C3D defaults to International Feet.

Check the drawing settings you are importing to.

Check the setting of the project the xml was exported from.

Make them the same.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you.  The surveyor sending the XML surface is using 2005 version of LDD where units are not an issue as they are in C3d.  I changed my C3d file to "Survey Feet" and XML surface is right on. 

Message 4 of 5
Sinc

Actually, the units are an issue in LDT, too...

If they are set incorrectly, you can export a LandXML file that claims it is in the wrong units, or you can get an unwanted scaling when importing a LandXML file into LDT.

However, in LDT, the LandXML import/export is pretty much the only thing that knows anything about US Survey Feet.  You have to hit the "Data..." button in one of the Import/Export dialog boxes to get to the setting.

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
omidboxter

I had this problem, and I noticed that it was because of exporting from an imperial template and importing to a metric template.

so if you export from an imperial template, you should change your default template to imperial template (autodesk civil 3d (imperial) ncs.dwt)
it's explained in below troubleshooting:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Changi...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report