Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing CTB file?

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
hworth18
267705 Views, 18 Replies

Importing CTB file?

Ok, I am having a brainfart this morning.. I can't remember how to import a ctb file into my plot settings for a drawing?

Help please...

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Avera737
in reply to: hworth18

Options ("op"), Files tab, expand "Printer Support File Path", add the folder location to "Plot Style Table Search Path"

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 19
hworth18
in reply to: Avera737

Thanks,

Maybe I should clarify that this is actually a Vendor drawing and I am having to deal with their CTBs. I want to import my own CTB setting into this drawing so I can plot it with my settings.

Message 4 of 19
Neilw_05

It is not clear what you are dealing with. Are you wanting to create a new CTB to plot their drawing or are you wanting to attach your existing CTB file to the drawing? If your plotter support paths are set correctly you should see your CTB file available in the page setup. If you received their CTB file with their DWG you can copy it to your plot style folder and it will be available in page setup. Another option is to create a shortcut to their CTB file in your styles folder. It will function the same as copying the actual file to the folder.

If their DWG is set up for STB styles then you will have to convert the drawing to use CTB styles in order to see your CTB tables in page setups. See the help system for the Convertpstyles command.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 19
hworth18
in reply to: Neilw_05

Yes, The plot settings shown are STBs, and I was wanting to use my CTB. Thanks, I will take a look at the conversion process.

Message 6 of 19
Joe-Bouza

CONVERTPSTYLES>> yes

will change ans STB file to an CTB file

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 19
jorgelcampos

Hi,

Your help is greatly appreciated. I am also having the same problem importing a .ctb file.

I already saved the ctb file to the folder as yu directed. When I go to the "plot" command and try to import the new ctb file it does not show in the "add named style plot' window. What to do?

Message 8 of 19
jorgelcampos
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi,

In reading the dicussion about stb, ctb, etc. I heard that you needed to convert files. What would be the process to convert ctb files  to pcp files? When I try to import the ctb file I already saved in to the plot styles folder the "plot' I can not locate the ctb while in the "plot' command process. I guess I need to convert the file to .pcp so that it can be read. Am I going in the right direction?

Thank you.

J

Message 9 of 19
wfberry
in reply to: jorgelcampos

When a drawing is opened it will use either a .ctb or an .stb file.  

To switch drawing from a ctb to a stb use the CONVERTPSTYLES command.

To convert an stb drawing to a ctb drawing use the CONVERTPSTYLES command (same command).

If you have a ctb file you can convert to an stb file by using the CONVERTCTB command.

Bill

Message 10 of 19
AnthonyVitullo

I am upgrading from LT98 to LT 2014, also, I am no expert. All I need to do is print all colors as black except #10 and #170. Right now, when I print an old drawing, some yellow prints solid black, and some are lightened.

I started by creating a new ctb file changing all pens (except colors #10 and #170) to color #7 on real & virtual printing. The file was saved in the proper location (as verified in "File Locations").  I do not see anywhere to "load" the ctb file so my printer sees/uses it.

I read somewhere on here that I need to convert using CONVERTPSTYLES. I tried this, but a box pops up displaying only stb files, not ctb styles. If I select a stb file (acadlt.stb) a box pops up saying it "does not contain a color mapping table...cannot be used...select a different..."

How do I get my new ctb recognized so my printer uses those settings?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 19
rhw
Contributor

"Convertpstyles" worked in AutoCAD Architecture 2014 as well, but a better command is CONVERTCTB.
Message 12 of 19
Preetish_amballi

Thank you...It helped a lot.

Message 13 of 19
rhmkhoirunnisa

Thank you so much. Really helping. Thank you.
Message 14 of 19
a.maddox

Thank you so much!!!! More than one of us has had this brainfart. 😉

a.maddox
--
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible."
~ Sir Arthur C. Clarke ~
Message 15 of 19
Joe-Bouza

Open the properties palette and I believe you can change the default plot style
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 16 of 19
mail

Interesting that even after more than 25 years using AutoCAD, I still have issues tyring to import my CTB tables.  You would think after all this time, AutoDesk would make it easier. I figured I would just search *.ctb on my computer to find the folder to place my CTB in. Up came two different folders. No biggie, I'll just put it in both. But now, the actual folder is must be a system folder that is hidden from view. 3 restarts later and an internet search brings this thread up, which was only useful enough to jar me into double-checking exactly where my newly downloaded AutoCAD 2021 is looking for the CTB tables. I have the same issue everytime I download a new PAT file, etc. I think it's time AutoDesk make this support file import thing easier.

Message 17 of 19
Neilw_05
in reply to: mail

A good practice is to place your commonly used styles in an independent folder vs. using the default folders. That way it is easy to re-path your settings whenever you upgrade. What I do is create a generic profile that has the file paths preset to your custom folders. Then whenever you upgrade, import that profile and it will have the settings set correctly. Overwrite the default profile with this new one and you are good to go. There are other ways to accomplish the same thing such as setting up deployments or using the settings migration tool. If there are only a few users it may be easier to do it manually such as I suggest here.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 18 of 19
jolsen6S55K

Thanks for the tip.
-James
Message 19 of 19
bob.thrash

Copy the CBT you want to the desktop.

open options,

open Files tab,

click on + at Printer Support File Path,

click on + at Plot Style Search Path, write the path; mine looks like C:\(my profile name)App Data\Roaming\Auotdesk\AutoCAD 2019\ R23.0\enu\PlotStyles. 

Copy CBT to the clipboard, navigate to that location and paste. 

I did this with a yellow to black cbt. works fine.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report