Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing control points from drawing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
twhatley
281 Views, 0 Replies

importing control points from drawing

dadgummit, I always get this error:

I'll start a new drawing with a couple of control points I manually create, say 1 & 2. When I'm topoing and I need what I call a "topo control point", which is a point I don't need to traverse through, I just need it for a few topo shots, I'll tie that through the data collector. Then when I import my fieldbook file I have my new control point. But the survey database doesn't recognize it as a control point until I reimport that as a control point into the network. So, what I try to do is right click my network, go down to the point menu, and select import points from drawing. Then I type N for number, and then the point number I want to now be a control point. But I always get the point conflict error that "the point already exists"  and it won't make it a control point.  Well DUH, I'm importing from the drawing, of course it already exists. I've been getting around this by exporting my control points to a text file and importing them into the database from that text file. That's silly because obliviously I can do what I'm trying to do since there's a procedure for it, I'm just missing it. Or maybe (I'm not holding my breath for something this simple and intuitive) there's a way to right click a point and select "Make control point"?

Window 7

C3D 2014

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report