Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Bentley WaterGEMS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ScotBIM
2921 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Bentley WaterGEMS

I don't know whether to menace Bentley or Autodesk over this one - we have a hydraulics model in WaterGEMS that I want to import into Civil3d 2014.

I can't find a LandXML export in WaterGEMS, and can only create a 2D dxf file (of little or no use), or a Expanet .inp file.

Anyone else had experiencen on how to resolve this?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kcobabe
in reply to: ScotBIM

Why didn't you use the Autodesk Embedded part of the WaterGEMS program?  You still should be able to open the file still in the embedded program after that those lines read like polylines.  The only problem you will have is none of the vertical information is going to carry accross.

WaterGEMS at current time has nothing to export the model out to any CAD program.  Mainly because it's a 2D water modeling program.  It's all math in that program, nothing visual.

I think there are a couple thrid party programs for C3D water modeling, but currently I believe all those programs export out to CAD.  I use H20NET, WaterGEMS, SewerCAD, Water Hammer, etc...  As far as I could tell none of them have anything that can export to CAD Vertical.

Now I know that you can export out to GIS.  So that may be your back door.  Export to a shape and I believe those lines will come in at 3D plines.  All you have to do is make sure you export the Z values in gis.  Check and see if this will work for you.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report