Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing alignments from mx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ajayanand
845 Views, 4 Replies

importing alignments from mx

I have a more than 10 number of alignments of road network in MX Road. I imported these alignments into Civil 3D. The problem is I am not able to edit these alignments.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: ajayanand

From C3D 2012 Help: Import Tab (LandXML Settings Dialog Box) , it shows the following import options:

Alignment Import Settings

Element Constraint Assignment  Defines the default manner in which constraints are assigned to alignment entities when an alignment is imported from a LandXML file.

Fixed Only : All alignment entities are fixed (not constrained).

Floating Off the First Element : The first alignment element is fixed (not constrained), and subsequent elements are floating (constrained by previous).

NoteThis option does not convert spiral entities to floating. Spiral entities are imported as fixed entities.
Free and Floating Curve Groups : Identifies curve group elements and assigns free or floating constraints to support AutoCAD Civil 3D alignment curve types.   The following link from Being Civil covers the available import options & the edit behavior for each type: Landxml Alignment Edit   Jay
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
ajayanand

I am using civil 3d 2011. In this Landxml import option doesn't shows an option which allows user to edit imported alignmnents.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

I see, it's was a new feature with the 2012 release (I still have 2011 loaded & don't see LandXML alignment import options either).

Another option is to trace all your alignments & fillet them to intersecting PI's only and create the alignments by Draw Tangent without Curves & just add the curves in 1 by one.

Unless were talking miles of alignments this wouldn't take much effort & then they could be edited as usual.

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
ajayanand

I have more than 200 roads for 100 m length. For ease of design I made design in multiple files. But now it has become too difficult to join them into one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report