AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Grant.Neeley
Message 1 of 4 (666 Views)

Importin Data from TDS recon to Civile 3d

666 Views, 3 Replies
04-15-2011 02:29 PM

I am new to the Civil 3d. I have a topo and file on my data collector and can't figure how to put it on Civil. I exported the file as a .Job and a .CSV, but cannot seem to bring it into CAD.

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 4 (652 Views)

Re: Importin Data from TDS recon to Civile 3d

04-16-2011 05:34 AM in reply to: Grant.Neeley
For the JOB file, google "trimble link for civil 3d xxxx" the xxxx is your version. Install it and use the import job tool. For the CSV, look up the tutorial on importing points from a file.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 3 of 4 (648 Views)

04-16-2011 06:41 AM in reply to: Grant.Neeley

Grant:

You did not specify exactly what you wanted or needed.  I do not use the FBK therefore all I do with my TDS Ranger is export a point text file to a Thumb Drive and Import txt file into Civil 3D.  On a bad day it might take close to a minute.

Bill

Grant.Neeley
Message 4 of 4 (627 Views)

04-17-2011 05:47 PM in reply to: wfberry

I am a student and trying to import a file from my data collector into Civil 3d. I tried putting it into a text file, but I need more like a step by step way. I would ask a teacher, but he is only part time and is not teaching this quarter.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.