Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported STEP files into C3D 2014 does not create Pressure Pipes or fittings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rafaelaustin
271 Views, 1 Reply

Imported STEP files into C3D 2014 does not create Pressure Pipes or fittings

I've worked through creating Pressure Pipe fittings from STEP files provided by a vendor, but when I try to create a network with my new parts, nothing appears or is added to my prospector. AutoCAD acts like it created pipes and fittings (no error messages) but nothing is drawn or added to the network.

• I downloaded STEP files from Weld Bend:  http://www.weldbend.com/
  • I used standard AutoCAD 2014 to Import the STEP file. It comes in as a Block, which I Explode to expose the 3DSOLID (in layer 0).
  • I draw a line down the center of the fitting and add AUTODESKCONNECTIONPOINTs at each end.
  • Save drawing, open it in C3D 2014. Run PUBLISHPARTCONTENT and save file on network drive.
  • Open Content Catalog Editor and create new Catalog.
  • Use Import Part to add fittings. I enter required parameters and save file on network so others can access Catalog.
  • Open C3D project file and Set Pressure Network Catalog to new file on the network.
  • Open Toolspace Settings and create new Pressure Network Parts List. Add appropriate Pipe and Fitting sizes for my project.
  • Use Create Pressure Network from Object and select PLINE in drawing representing alignment. Select appropriate Styles for creating network.
  • AutoCAD returns to command line in split second, but no Pressure Network objects.

If I set to one of the provided AWWA catalogs and create a network from my Pline, I get pipes.

What gives? What step or setting am I missing that makes my new catalog create null, empty or blank objects?

Thanks (again).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rafaelaustin
in reply to: rafaelaustin

Solved!  Simple typo. I was using a quote mark for my descriptions in Content Catalog Editor and that was throwing it off. Use two single quotes for inch marks in all your descriptions.

Solution was found in this Autodesk University Online class. This is a very good discussion on building Pressure Pipe networks:

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2013/infrastructure-design-suite/ci...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report