Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Survey- .txt file- comment line out

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
torner
1142 Views, 4 Replies

Import Survey- .txt file- comment line out

I am importing survey data using a .txt file. In that file there are a few lines that I don't want C3D to read. Is there some character I can put at the beginning of the line so that it won't read or give me an error? In some other programs I have seen # or : used to do this.

Civil3D 2012

Tom
C3D 2012 sp4\C3D 2014 sp2
W7Pro 64bit
HP Z400 Workstation
16 GB RAM
Intel Xeon CPU W3565@3.20GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
IanMcClain
in reply to: torner

If you look at the definition of the point formats most of the out-of the box ones use # as a comment tag. This can be modified if needed.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: IanMcClain

When using CSV or TXT files there is no way to comment out certain line, short of deleting them.

You could however convert the raw file to an FBK file and then use the ! (exclamation with space) in from of the lines you dont want, and if you did the work with GPS there will be very little difference between the two files.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
IanMcClain
in reply to: rl_jackson

# works as a comment, I use it all the time. See the attached pic.

! works for FBK if you are using that format.

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 5
SurveyorLee
in reply to: torner

If you look at the Points Import format, you can edit it to be what ever character you want.  Mine in CD3 2011 defaulted to the ! symbol, but I changed it to the # symbol.

IT is the "comment tag." Nothing after it is read on the line.

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report