AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

amarmann
Message 1 of 6 (138 Views)

Import styles/settings from Student Version

138 Views, 5 Replies
10-31-2012 10:52 AM

I had a template which included years of my work and I accidentally opened and saved my template in the Sutdent version of 2012 C3D. Now obviously it has the educational stamp on it.

I can not even drag/drop or "Import Styles" from the student version to full version.

S.O.S. Please tell me a way to import styles from this student version to full version.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 6 (128 Views)

Re: Import styles/settings from Student Version

10-31-2012 12:18 PM in reply to: amarmann

Any way you can restore a previous version, before you did that?

Or do you have a recent drawing from the template, used in a project, that you can delete everything out of and use as the template again?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

amarmann
Message 3 of 6 (126 Views)

10-31-2012 12:23 PM in reply to: troma
I worked in a company for 4 years and everything I created was in this template. I left that company and only brought the template with me. I dont have access anymore to the projects I worked on.
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)

10-31-2012 12:50 PM in reply to: amarmann

I honestly have no idea how the student version thing works, but I imagine that if they give it away for free they have it pretty securely locked up.

(Are you sure  what you are doing is legal?  No clause in your work contract that everything created on the job stays on the job...??)

I guess you don't have this template as you brought it with you in an email or on an external drive somewhere?  Or do you have any friends on the inside who could help you out?

Sorry I can't help with the crux of the issue.  Maybe someone else will reply with more info on student versions.

amarmann
Message 5 of 6 (118 Views)

10-31-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: troma

Its all Legit. It was within the scope of my work.

There should be a way to do this

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 6 of 6 (112 Views)

10-31-2012 01:11 PM in reply to: amarmann

I still say can you restore a previous version?  Right-click on the file, go to properties.  Do you have previous versions?  Might depend what version of Windows you are running.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.