Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import .stm to civil 3d change sump level of structures.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
siroos.jafary
853 Views, 3 Replies

import .stm to civil 3d change sump level of structures.

Hi all,

I am struggling to import .stm file into a blank civil3d file. it does import whith correct sizes and elevation. the issue is rim level of structures are the same as SSA file but it will make 2 meter sump depth to stuctures, thus structures invert levels are not correct. i just made a sump depth rule for structure and applied to some of them. it will correct it but as i have more than 1000 manholes in network it will be a major job to apply the rule. i know "apply rule" command will help a lot but i would like to know why it is importing whit wrong properties?

Best regards and thank you for your time and help.

Siroos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: siroos.jafary

check the rules in the parts list.

Set Sump rule to 0 or remove all rules from all relevant parts. Civil 3d may be checking and adjusting based on the rules on import.

Don't know as I don't use SSA, we use Windes.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
siroos.jafary
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Hi Mike,
I am doing the same, i removed all rules and just add sump depth = 0.00, but still invert elevation of manholes are 2 meters below pipes invert elevations. i checked storm sewer migration setting as well. it is correct. i locked and unlocked the rules in default rule setting on setting tab, still same results. i think it is somthing related to civil 3d not SSA. .stm file is .stm, no matter from SSA or any other software. what do you thing?

Message 4 of 4

I just found this on help:

"Note
It is important to note that rules are not applied to pipes or structures when importing pipe networks from either LandXML or from the Storm Sewers Extension. For more information about rules, see Part Rules."

So making the sump depth to 0.00 will not effect on imported pipe network, thus I need to apply the rule to network which is not easy job. Is there any way to apply rules to entire network? I know "applyrules" command will apply it to a leg of pipe network but my network contain lots of pipe legs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report